Reopening of the reading room
Subject to the enactment of new directives by the National Security Council, and if the health situation allows it, the reading room of the City Archives will be reopened to the public from Tuesday January 5 2021, provided that the following conditions are met :
- The reading room will be opened twice a week, only on Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 9 am to 4 pm.
- Because of the limited number of places, the appointment has to be taken online via the address firstname.lastname@example.org at least three days in advance.
- As far as possible, avoid coming accompanied and keep to appointment time. Please let us know of your delay by phone (02 279 53 20) or by email at email@example.com.
- Wearing a mask is mandatory (! We do not provide masks at the entrance).
- The requested documents will be prepared in advance in the reading room. The staff may refuse any other request different from the initial one made by email.
- The copying machine is unavailable in the reading room. However, the printing of digital documents is possible from the reading room pc’s. Photographs without flash are allowed.
Anybody who does not respect these rules will be denied the access to the reading room. These clauses apply until further notice.
Who can be given access to the reading room ?
- Researchers will be allowed to consult physical documents that they cannot consult otherwise.
- Students and postgraduates will be allowed to consult archives and documents for their academic works.
- Building permit dossiers can be consulted by owner or purchaser or any person mandated.
All necessary precautions are taken to protect the health of our readers and our collaborators. Sanitizing gel will be available for the public.
Outside opening to public hours :
- You can contact us by phone (02 279 53 20) and by email ( firstname.lastname@example.org)
- You can make some research online via our catalog Pallas
- Some digitized documents are directly consulted online
We will continue to keep you informed through our Website and Facebook page.
We thank you for your understanding.